Emergency Preparedness – 10 Safety Musts for the Home.
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Fire extinguishers easily accessible and located away from hazard areas
- First aid supplies and kits for vehicles
- Flash lights and/or chem.-lights for power outages
- Utilities shut off tools and instructions for water, gas, and electricity
- A family evacuation plan, including emergency phone numbers
- A sturdy step stool
- Rubber-backed mats and non-slip throw rugs
- Grab bars and non-slip appliqués in bath facilities
- Indoor nightlights and sensor-triggered outdoor area lights.
For more information contact (your emergency preparedness specialist.)
SEE THE NEED AND THEN PROCEED, TO BE PREPARED.